Chat freely about anything...

By stavbodik
schufti wrote:since the only dumb question is the one never asked:
you are talking about "recharging" of the capacitor when there is no battery connected to the AMS1117?
And no serial connection, too?
Or else?

The batteries are always connected to the ASM1117 LDO , there is no serial adapter connection .
By schufti
#53406 ok, so why should the capacitor discharge? It is all the time (not influenced by state of esp) in parallel to the output of the regulator.

If at any time the output (= voltage at the cap) is deviating from 3.3V there is some serious fault.

In general, the AMS1117 is a (very) bad choice for low power devices. compared to low power regulators, it consumes 1000x the quiescent current (current consumed by the regulator itself, w/o any load connected).
By stavbodik
schufti wrote:ok, so why should the capacitor discharge? It is all the time (not influenced by state of esp) in parallel to the output of the regulator.

If at any time the output (= voltage at the cap) is deviating from 3.3V there is some serious fault.

In general, the AMS1117 is a (very) bad choice for low power devices. compared to low power regulators, it consumes 1000x the quiescent current (current consumed by the regulator itself, w/o any load connected).

Actually i am going to use TC1262 going to buy it next week ,
But for now this behavior is very strange and i wont same thing happen with the TC1262...
I am connecting 3x1.5V to LDO shows 3.4V on ESP then on RST goes down to approximately 2.4V
When shorting the capacitors on the LDO and 104 voltage comes back to 3.4V :roll: :o