Chat freely about anything...

By schufti
#53419 is it during reset (rst pin low) or after reset?
after shorting the wires it should be the same as after a reset
(although there is a difference between "power on" and "rst pin" reset in the esp).

In general to me that indicates that the esp is consuming much more current than
a) the AMS1117 can provide or
b) the wiring can cope with (bad contacts, too thin)
By Barnabybear
#53423 Hi, I would still be intrested to see what happens if you put a load on the AMS1117 that ensures it stays within its range (Minimum 10mA) during deep sleep or a reset (draws very little current). It could be that you have a regulator that is none genuine. I've just had 3 months of hell with WS2812b's that have cost me a contract.
By stavbodik
Barnabybear wrote:Hi, I would still be intrested to see what happens if you put a load on the AMS1117 that ensures it stays within its range (Minimum 10mA) during deep sleep or a reset (draws very little current). It could be that you have a regulator that is none genuine. I've just had 3 months of hell with WS2812b's that have cost me a contract.

After rest, but when shorting the + - of the capacitor on the LDO it comes back to normal I have try also to replace the LDO .

When shorting the legs marked in green + red in image below the voltage on the ESP comes back to normal .

Last edited by stavbodik on Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By stavbodik
Barnabybear wrote:Hi, I would still be intrested to see what happens if you put a load on the AMS1117 that ensures it stays within its range (Minimum 10mA) during deep sleep or a reset (draws very little current). It could be that you have a regulator that is none genuine. I've just had 3 months of hell with WS2812b's that have cost me a contract.

Hi i am not sure understood what to do , now i have added led + to the esp input and - to ground
I see that the led lightness has changes but very low while rest and deep sleep .
If i connect it directly to the output of the LDO it is stable .

But shouldn't it be like that ? Because the esp consume less current when transferring between modes so the light changes, please explain again .