Chat freely about anything...

By rudy
#53440 From the data sheet http://www.advanced-monolithic.com/pdf/ds1117.pdf

Note 5: Minimum load current is defined as the minimum output current required to maintain regulation. When 1.5V ≤ (VIN - VOUT) ≤ 12V the device is guaranteed to regulate if the output current is greater than 10mA.
By schufti
#53466 hmm, if you look at the figure on page 6:
http://www.ams-semitech.com/attachments ... 120314.pdf
it is more like 2mA; another case of contradicting datasheets (but from same mfr)?

and funny thing is: during deep sleep (well below 2mA) the voltage is ok, only after reset - when current draw can be expected to be way over the required minimum - the regulation goes bad ???
By Barnabybear
stavbodik wrote:
Barnabybear wrote:Hi, I would still be intrested to see what happens if you put a load on the AMS1117 that ensures it stays within its range (Minimum 10mA) during deep sleep or a reset (draws very little current). It could be that you have a regulator that is none genuine. I've just had 3 months of hell with WS2812b's that have cost me a contract.

Hi i am not sure understood what to do , now i have added led + to the esp input and - to ground
I see that the led lightness has changes but very low while rest and deep sleep .
If i connect it directly to the output of the LDO it is stable .

But shouldn't it be like that ? Because the esp consume less current when transferring between modes so the light changes, please explain again .

Hi, correct thats very strannge. The LED dimming when connected near the ESP suggests that the voltage is lower there. This could be for two reasons:
The ESP is drawing a high current and has poor connections to the regutator causing voltdrop.
The ESP is drawing a low current and this is below the normal working range of the regulator - I have never seen this reported though.

How is RESET connected? Is it to Vcc through a resistor? If so what value?
By stavbodik
Barnabybear wrote:Hi, correct thats very strannge. The LED dimming when connected near the ESP suggests that the voltage is lower there. This could be for two reasons:
The ESP is drawing a high current and has poor connections to the regutator causing voltdrop.
The ESP is drawing a low current and this is below the normal working range of the regulator - I have never seen this reported though.

How is RESET connected? Is it to Vcc through a resistor? If so what value?

Please take look at page one of this topic i did added the exactly connection circuit, the rst connected with 10k resistor + i have RST button there.

Yes I believe its due to bad connections I am using breadboard I have read some article where some one advice not to use breadboard, I have checked that all wires are good .
The article :

http://internetofhomethings.com/homethings/?p=396

After many frustrating and unsuccessful attempts to revive my original setup out of reset purgatory, I made a final inspection of the jumpers and found a few of them only partially engaged.

Also The wires from the LDO to the esp is pretty Far maybe this can be the reason ?
Here is my project , I did colored in green the wires from the LDO to the esp :