Chat freely about anything...

By Barnabybear
#53480 Hi, some thoughts -
It looks like GPIO 2 is connected to Vcc with a wire link - you need a 10K on that or the ESP will not boot correctly as it needs to be able to move for the first 250mS after power up.
There are 10 connections between the regulator and the ESP Vcc so thats 10 places for a bad connection.
Other than that all looks ok.
By stavbodik
Barnabybear wrote:Hi, some thoughts -
It looks like GPIO 2 is connected to Vcc with a wire link - you need a 10K on that or the ESP will not boot correctly as it needs to be able to move for the first 250mS after power up.
There are 10 connections between the regulator and the ESP Vcc so thats 10 places for a bad connection.
Other than that all looks ok.

Thanks I will add the resistor I was about to do it Martin already told me to do it in this topic posts.
By rudy
#53506 No. The resistor is limiting the current. When you had the line connected to VCC you had a dangerous condition. What do you think would happen when the output is enabled and with a 0 as data for the port output?

The port pin will try to pull the line low. And that is then shorting out the supply.

It is always preferable to use resistors to limit current. Connecting directly to VCC or gnd is only OK if you have full control over the port pins. And that is something you do not have on a module like this.