Downloading and installing the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By mrburnette
martinayotte wrote:
Everyone says it could be a power issue but nobody gives recipe for solving it.

Since 2 years, it was been mentioned about thousand times : "simply add a big capacitor nearby vcc/gnd pins of the ESP"

Exactly.
But not just any old electrolytic ...
You need one with a low ESR, such as a Tantalum Cap

In all of my ESP8266 projects, I use a DC-DC convertor in "buck" mode. That way, I get a very well regulated 3.3 Volts and I get an excellent low Z from the output power unit. The units are like $0.50 in quantity from China.

Ray
By Emre k
martinayotte wrote:

Since 2 years, it was been mentioned about thousand times : "simply add a big capacitor nearby vcc/gnd pins of the ESP"

I don't have too many experiences of with this devices. Sorry about that i didn't find that information in my researches.
By Emre k
mrburnette wrote:
martinayotte wrote:

Exactly.
But not just any old electrolytic ...
You need one with a low ESR, such as a Tantalum Cap

In all of my ESP8266 projects, I use a DC-DC convertor in "buck" mode. That way, I get a very well regulated 3.3 Volts and I get an excellent low Z from the output power unit. The units are like $0.50 in quantity from China.

Ray

Can you share capacitance(F) and voltage values with me? or any links? i would be appreciated