Using the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266 and found bugs, report them here

Moderator: igrr

By DAFlippers
#59429 Adam,

I have asked for two schematics and you have only provided one and you might believe the above gives all the information but it doesn't. It is not a schematic and you have information like VCC -> 3.3v / 5v but is it 3.3v or 5v?

Everyone else is able to power the ESP12F using 3.3v viewtopic.php?f=26&t=12586&hilit=ESP12f so you need to consider that you might be doing something wrong.

We are trying to help but when you post and then edit it makes things very confusing. Your last post was edited 5 times after initial posting which tells me you are not sitting back and thinking about your post. That also suggests to me that you haven't thought about your original post and you may have totally confused yourself. I suggest you sleep on the problem and pick it up in the morning.

David
By Joe Job
DAFlippers wrote:Adam,

I have asked for two schematics and you have only provided one and you might believe the above gives all the information but it doesn't. It is not a schematic and you have information like VCC -> 3.3v / 5v but is it 3.3v or 5v?

Everyone else is able to power the ESP12F using 3.3v viewtopic.php?f=26&t=12586&hilit=ESP12f so you need to consider that you might be doing something wrong.

We are trying to help but when you post and then edit it makes things very confusing. Your last post was edited 5 times after initial posting which tells me you are not sitting back and thinking about your post. That also suggests to me that you haven't thought about your original post and you may have totally confused yourself. I suggest you sleep on the problem and pick it up in the morning.

David

Hi David, well first I do appreciate the help. The second schematic is exactly the same mate, minus the regulator, I have tried with a L7805 in place of the 3.3v module but this is only the 5v version that is working and does not need mentioning here. Apart from that there is no 2nd schematic, one way with 5v it works, with 3.3v it does not and that is the thing that is kinda getting me frustrated as I have made it clear on that the whole issue is that with 3.3v it does not work, nothing works. I have added 3v / 5.5v as it is the same for both.

I am open to the possibility it something not done correctly, but as of yet this has not been identified in months, and the only thing I do know at this moment is that it works with 5v.

The reason for my edits and additional info is this is one of the busiest times of the year and I am multi tasking between many things I will try and keep the edits down, but most are due to spelling mistakes, others were bits of information I later thought were relevant.

In short there is no 2nd schematic it is exactly the same but with 5v and no regulator.
By DAFlippers
#59443 What I consider schematic obviously differs drastically from your perception. If you don't have time to produce schematics that have been checked against your circuit then I can't help.

It seems that you have a working system and everyone else can make the ESP-12F work with 3.3v so everyone has working systems. Perhaps when you have time you will spot your error.

David
By Joe Job
#59447 At the end of the day you have enough information to show what is going on, I posted my findings, you say I am wrong, I have explained in detail what the issues are, I have provided the circuit designs, I have told what pins are connected to what, from my current vision there is nothing more I can provide and no way restructuring a very straight forward circuit diagram will help as far as I can see, so I need to work on schematic to make sure I politically correct, but the diagram shows everything there is to show. If you cannot help, no worries thanks for trying, but I have device that is now working for the purpose of the demo and at this moment that is what I need. If the chip fries, I will add that information to this topic, if I work out the issue with 3.3v I will add it to the topic, if anyone can see any issue with the information I have provided then I will try suggestions and I will update this post. I changed the title to (In my case), I dont have time to continually repeat the same information over and over. Thanks again anyway for trying to help work it out, as it is now, the chip is still functioning correctly and is no longer on a breadboard.