Chat freely about anything...

By kirhim
#61046 Hi I am trying to make an IoT mood lamp with 8266. I am using Firebase server so that I could control the device from anywhere. Also, I have created an iOS app to control(turn on/off the lights) the device.

The problem I am having is this:
Say, I need to connect my device to a new network(wifi) but the device is not configured the new network. In this case, I could just simply update the new network to Arduino IDE. But I am doing this project for commercial purposes and I want to provide simple and easy service to my customers. So I just want to connect any new network using my iOS app (without coding).

I found this project https://github.com/tzapu/WiFiManager very useful at github. These are WiFiManager's features:
1. user friendly setup of esp8266 devices
2. no need to hardcode credentials anymore
3. simple and self contained, get started with a couple of copy/pastes
4. captive portal so you get the configuration page as soon as you connect to the WiFi from mobile devices
5. configuration portal is mobile visible/usable

The problem I am having is that even when I run the Arduino IDE code without any errors, I can't get the captive portal open in my iPhone and Mac Pro.
I guess I am suppose to generate a wifi network on my iOS device (ESP + ChipID) However, I don't see it.

I've been trying to solve this issue for the past few days but still haven't found the right answer.

Any comments would be very appreciate it.
By kirhim
#61127 I figured it out. I forgot to uncomment the "wifiManager.resetSettings();" My bad :lol:

kirhim wrote:Hi I am trying to make an IoT mood lamp with 8266. I am using Firebase server so that I could control the device from anywhere. Also, I have created an iOS app to control(turn on/off the lights) the device.

The problem I am having is this:
Say, I need to connect my device to a new network(wifi) but the device is not configured the new network. In this case, I could just simply update the new network to Arduino IDE. But I am doing this project for commercial purposes and I want to provide simple and easy service to my customers. So I just want to connect any new network using my iOS app (without coding).

I found this project https://github.com/tzapu/WiFiManager very useful at github. These are WiFiManager's features:
1. user friendly setup of esp8266 devices
2. no need to hardcode credentials anymore
3. simple and self contained, get started with a couple of copy/pastes
4. captive portal so you get the configuration page as soon as you connect to the WiFi from mobile devices
5. configuration portal is mobile visible/usable

The problem I am having is that even when I run the Arduino IDE code without any errors, I can't get the captive portal open in my iPhone and Mac Pro.
I guess I am suppose to generate a wifi network on my iOS device (ESP + ChipID) However, I don't see it.

I've been trying to solve this issue for the past few days but still haven't found the right answer.

Any comments would be very appreciate it.