Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By Manuel Iglesias
#23886 I am working with ESP-01 using as arduino.

Does anyone knows if it's possible to use wifi_set_sleep_type function from user_interface.h in my Arduino sketch? I know it compiles as I am calling the function but the consumption still remain the same.

I would like to have the other two modes of sleep available. So far only deep_sleep works for me.

Any comments will be appreciated,
By aventrax
#24572 Is it possible that removing the led (cutting the trace) damages the ESP module?

I remove the led on a ESP-01, the module died during the night, I'm sure it stopped working when I was sleeping :)
I cutted the trace to a second ESP-01, it died in a couple of hours (i was using/testing it)...

Now I have a new module connected to my DHT22, it works but I'd want to test it with a battery pack. I'm afraid, I don't want to kill the module... :)

WHat do you think about?
By martinayotte
#24593 There is no reason that removing the LED would damage a module if done properly.
Maybe you simply got bad module, or maybe it is only got flaky firmware.
Did you try to upload it again ?
By aventrax
martinayotte wrote:There is no reason that removing the LED would damage a module if done properly.
Maybe you simply got bad module, or maybe it is only got flaky firmware.
Did you try to upload it again ?

One module can be flashed but I have no output on the serial port. The other is complete unresponsive, the flashing procedure do not start at all..

I will wait a couple of weeks and then I will try to cut the trace, in the meantime I will enjoy it working... :D