So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By Buzzardbait
#83449 This is soooo frustrating. After unzipping the file into the newly created tools directory I get nothing like what is discussed above. I don't get the hierarchy <sketch dir>/tools/esp8266FS/tool/esp8266FS.jar. Instead, I get something like <sketch dir>/tools/esp8266FS Master/esp8266FS Master/<stuff>/src/esp8266.java. Don't see a .jar anywhere! Just beans.
Even if I gimmick things around to get <sketch dir>/tools/esp8266FS/tool/esp8266FS.java it still doesn't work. Help!
By Buzzardbait
#83450 I think I had posted a reply to this issue but it seems to be stuck in a moderators inbox. Anyway, I had problem not able to upload spiffs because the Arduino Tools tab had no provision to upload esp8266 Sketch Data as an option. So I downloaded the ESP8266FS plugin(had no version but dated 02-23-2019) and unzipped it in the newly created tools folder. Yikes! Got a whole different thing than I expected including a esp8266FS.java file but not the subdirectory structure I expected. No matter where I put the JAVA file I couldn't get the line in the Tools tab. Finally, I scrapped it and downloaded an older 0.4 version and it worked. Phew! All that work! Good ReadMe files really matter! :(