Post links and attach files for documentation here, also chat about these docs freely

By Slaff
#11371 In the 0.9.5 SDK there are some smart_config modes that are available. Looking at the documentation for the smartconfig_start funciton I can see two types that can be used: AirKiss or ESP-TOUCH. Can someone give us more details what exactly these modes are and how we can use them for faster configuration of our ESP devices?

Thanks in advance!
By stanza
#11509 Do you know WeChat in China? A thing like Whatsapp and most Chinese are using WeChat.
If you want to control your smart device by WeChat, you have to use Airkiss. If not, forget it.
In most situation except WeChat, you could use ESP-TOUCH.
As I know, when you use ESP-TOUCH, your phone has connected WiFi, and send SSID and Password to the ESP8266 device by UDP. Then your ESP8266 device could connect WiFi automatically.
By aloika
#11577 Anybody know, where we can take an example of Android app or something for the Smartconfig? What I can do with my phone to activate Smartconfig?
By Slaff
#11642 > As I know, when you use ESP-TOUCH, your phone has connected WiFi, and send SSID and Password to the ESP8266 device by UDP.
It would be great if someone elaborates how is this done? One trick that I have seen (http://blog.lyj.me/51/) is sending information in the WIFI Probe request frame by using the SSID. But that limits me to 32 bytes. It there any other way to send more bytes at once to all nearby WIFI Access Points?