The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By Fingoti
#81071 Image
Hello!
We’re very excited to share our new IoT device with you!
We’ve created a secure, affordable and universal IoT gateway device for use by anyone, to control anything, from anywhere! It’s called the Pebl.
Fingoti want to explore ways in which the Pebl can be used in your business, school or home.
Our device was recently launched on Kickstarter, take a look here and see what we are working on!

Here is the link to our Kickstarter, if anyone has any questions or comments please feel free to ask!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fingoti/introducing-pebl-the-ultimate-and-complete-iot-sol
Thank you,
Fingoti
By Pablo2048
#81093 You are serious? That things (stabilizators, passive components) under antenna of ESP module in no-route, no-copper and no-components keepout area are definitely no-go. Did You read this https://www.espressif.com/sites/default ... nes_en.pdf Chapter 1.6.2 ? What FCC/CE guys says about it?
By RichardS
#81101 Assuming its a ESP product, looks like it but does not say anywhere that I can find.....

Yes your points are good, I did put a few very small parts under antenna area on ESP8266 and the distance sucked so bad!!!!!!! Its a no go zone!!!

Its good to get this information out there so people can know.... and hopefully they are redo the design... but I think its too tight design and they are probably committed by enclosure (case).

RichardS
By Pablo2048
#81105 Well even if it is not an ESP product the RF design will be the same - keepout area under antenna. But this is not the only thing that makes me worry. It seems like they are using linear stabilisation (according to the animated picture) with two stabilisators - one of them does Vin -> 5V and another one does 5V -> 3V3. If I really want to get 50mA from output (they not mention that this current is for one output or for all four together) so I get 80mA for the WiFi + LED and 4 times 50mA for every output which gives me 280mA total current. When I want to power this thing from 24V there will be power loss (24 - 5) * 0.25 = 4.75W at the first stabilisator. I really don't think that >4 Watts can be dissipated in such small and water sealed case...