So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By Steeven
#81084 Hi all,

I started to experiment with the Wemos D1 in combination with a 0.96 OLED screen (SSD1306) a few days ago.
An easy "Hello world" as well as the "DrawLogo" example from the "ACROBOTIC SSD1306" library are working as expected.

I've installed the "Adafruit SSD1306" library as I'm planning to set up a weather station. Unfortunately the example is not running what means the OLED screen is black after uploading. The weather station example is not working properly as well (same behavior).

After several tests I've connected an UNO board and started the Adafruit example and it WORKED. :o ...but why the hell isn't it running with the Wemos D1 ?! I have to use the Wemos board because of built-in WIFI.

I attached some pictures and screenshots.

Can you please help?

Thank you!
Steeven
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By QuickFix
#81110 Please remember that an Arduino (the board with an ATMEL controller) is not the same as an ESP8266. :idea:

Yes, you can use the Arduino IDE (the development environment) in combination with the ESP8266-core library to write firmware for the ESP8266, but they're two different things.
To work with Arduino libraries (for instance for a display), you'll have to use an ESP8266 compatible one; most standard Adafruit libraries are not (or only partly) compatible with the ESP8266.

For the SSD1306, you can use this library from ThingPulse on GitHub.