Chat freely about anything...

By rudy
BillM wrote:Would something like that be enough ?

What do you mean with "switched current ?" Maybe every active component which consume current ?

Yes that is better. I would make the trace thicker. At least the same width as the pad.

Switched current, anything that has sudden changes. If you had a power resistor that was powered from 12 volts, and always on, it will not produce a changing magnetic field. So you only have to concern yourself with only resistance. But once you start changing the current, then you have frequency involved, and inductance. And then how significant it is depends on the frequency/time and the magnitude of the current change.
By Pablo2048
#82721 :D rudy was faster than me... Your design is definitely better, but I'm still not satisfied. Take a look at the marked places and try to correct the routes...
a244e18b4500c4e9a730af1f091efd25.png

Does your design software 3D modeling? If so take a look at mounting holes near Q3 and OUT 2 - is there enough place for nut heads?
By rudy
#82722 I had tried to look up U2 but I didn't find anything that looked like the part you have on the board. What is it? And can you provide a link to a data sheet?

And as I said in a prior post. The diodes you have across the coils are doing to short out the flyback pulse, and that is needed to generate the voltage to produce a spark. Are you sure that your coil does not need to operate as a flyback coil?
By rudy
Pablo2048 wrote::D rudy was faster than me...

I always look at the power traces/path. There are other things I would change on the layout if I were doing it. At work I have to check the layout of our other hardware designer. And I don't always like what he has done, but I only ask for changes to things that I feel need to be done. So on this I didn't spend time looking too hard at the other stuff.