Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By topcat
#84684 Mac Catalina 10.15.1, Arduino 1.8.10, Adafruit Huzzah

Just did a clean install (i.e. on formatted drive) of the OS and IDE, updated the preferences with... http://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/packa ... index.json
...included the 8266 boards, etc. Everything seemed to go OK, but compiling Blink I get...

Arduino: 1.8.10 (Mac OS X), Board: "Adafruit Feather HUZZAH ESP8266, 80 MHz, Flash, Legacy (new can return nullptr), All SSL ciphers (most compatible), 4MB (FS:2MB OTA:~1019KB), v2 Lower Memory, Disabled, None, Only Sketch, 115200"

fork/exec /Users/twc/Library/Arduino15/packages/esp8266/tools/python3/3.7.2-post1/python3: no such file or directory
Error compiling for board Adafruit Feather HUZZAH ESP8266.

...the problem is the targeted file is an alias that doesn't resolve. Digging a little deeper, I notice elsewhere in the ESP8266 file hierarchy there's a 'staging' folder with python3-macosx-placeholder.tar.gz. This might be related to issues you can see by googling 'esp8266 python file does not exist', but a solution didn't leap out. It seems like I have to gather/move a python executable? Any help appreciated, thanks in advance.
By _Christophe_
#84705 Hello Topcat

The solution for me, was to change from ESP8266 V2.6.1 to V2.5.2. Then "Python" alias is used instead of "Python3", and compilation was performed successfully. It doesn't solve the problem if you want to use V2.6.1, but you can compile your sketch.

Regards.
_Christophe_
By dhiravat
#84718 the symbolic link to python3 is broken, I've use terminal to fixed the link.
To ensure you have python3 use:

Code: Select allwhich python3

And re-link to by using:

Code: Select allsudo mkdir /usr/local/bin/
sudo ln -s /usr/bin/python3 /usr/local/bin/python3

both command line should fixed your error.
By dhiravat
#84719 For me the symbolic link to python3 is broken, to ensure you have python3 use
Code: Select allwhich python3

It’ll show you where the python3 exists like /usr/bin/python3

Use following code to link it together.
Code: Select allsudo mkdir /usr/local/bin

Then use
Code: Select allsudo ln -s /usr/bin/python3 /usr/local/bin/python3

Hope this helps. :D