Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Inq720
kinlougha wrote:10C4:EA60 is the USB id for the "Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge" and if the IDE can found this ID they seems that the USB part of the chip work, i thinks.

The module is fully pin compatible with the Wemos D1 mini, have 16Mb, ceramic antenna with the possibility to switch to an external antenna.

Also the serial chip is CP2104 not CH340.

Alain.

That you have another pro from another vendor and it totally works certainly rules out your development environment being the issue.

In my experience, so far... I've seen 3 things that cause that endless stutter.
  1. Driver not installed
  2. The flash memory has worn out - I intentionally wore out three ESP-01s to see what happens.
  3. Some wiring on the project was pulling some pin high or some pin low, that isn't tolerated while booting - Do you have any project external circuitry on it?
That's all I've got, but I've never had a CP2104 based USB device. I guess it's time for me to remedy that.
By Inq720
#93978 Wow! They're quite proud of these! $$$$$$
Considering that the price difference between 4MB and 16MB is maybe... a penny or two.
By kinlougha
#93989 Inq720,

You said:

"In my experience, so far... I've seen 3 things that cause that endless stutter.
Driver not installed
The flash memory has worn out - I intentionally wore out three ESP-01s to see what happens.
Some wiring on the project was pulling some pin high or some pin low, that isn't tolerated while booting - Do you have any project external circuitry on it?"

Driver is install and work with another D1 MiniPro buy one years ago.
I upload the firmware on an unplog module so no external circuit.

Alain
By Inq720
#94016 Well... I just received two Pro's today. Both instantly were recognized by my Device Manager without having to add drivers (unlike the CH340's). Arduino IDE compiled and uploaded like a champ... InqPortal recognized the 16MB... then promptly did a Face Plant! Look's like a new update will be coming soon. ;)