Using the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266 and found bugs, report them here

Moderator: igrr

By Tawhiz20
#20360 That solved it!! [sort of**]

I reflashed the firmware as these instructions suggest : https://developer.mbed.org/users/sschoc ... 6-Firmware

and... suddenly.. with the same breadboard-config.. the same C-programm.. shows stable response-values from the ADC

sort of**= its a little scary that somehow the firmware got a few bits flipped and was mutated and produced this error
(ORRR it was a bug that was taken care of in the new firmware i flashed)

THNX to all that contributed
By M0ebius
#20361 did you use the eeprom library?

Until this horrible bug is not fixed, i will step back to a combination of arduino mini and esp (only as bridge).
My device was already running productive, when it started to mutate and stopped working!
It's really not funny to deal with that kind of problems :(
By Tawhiz20
M0ebius wrote:It's really not funny to deal with that kind of problems :(

I totally agree, this cost me a lot of time.. I can imagine what your reaction must have been once your product started giving errors allthough nothing really changed on your side... I also though I was going mental since it worked under lua but produced errors in C allthough it functioned correctly with other people....

M0ebius wrote:did you use the eeprom library?

Nope.. just a plain, simple few lines of code - see page 2 of this thread-

after flashing my AT +GMR shows: 00200.9.4
and my resetmessage is different... shows something I did not see before "2nd boot version..." (as far as I can recall)

ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:4, boot mode:(3,7)

wdt reset
load 0x40100000, len 612, room 16
tail 4
chksum 0x12
load 0x3ffe8000, len 788, room 4
tail 0
chksum 0x50
load 0x3ffe8314, len 264, room 8
tail 0
chksum 0x4a
csum 0x4a

2nd boot version : 1.1
SPI Speed : 40MHz
SPI Mode : QIO
SPI Flash Size : 4Mbit
jump to run user1
By tytower
#20384 After a bit more research I have obtained better circuit diagrams and pictures mostly from info available in the Wiki at the top of this page .

Ive got to the stage that I think the ADC pin on the board may be attached to TOUT but I can't prove it . See the pics below . Its connected to the pin 3rd in from the right on the 07 picture right at the bottom . They do not show the pin 1 dot

Getting the pin-outs from expressif data sheet puts TOUT on pin 6 which appears to me to be in a different position. The first picture shows a Version 11 chip and pin 6 is not broken out?

The other factor is that the ESP12 board I have returns V 0.21.0.0 SDKV 0.9.5 so there may be differences . Perhaps the ADC pin is set up differently inside .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by tytower on Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.