Example sketches for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By nigelbe
questuk wrote:Hi Lex,

Iv'e tried your "stripped down just works version." and i cannot get it to compile.

I am new to using the ESP2866 so I am not sure if this code should be set in the IDE as "generic esp 2866 module" Using this, its says "Compiling Sketch" and this goes on for ever.

Hi Gary,

"generic esp 2866 module" is correct but it does take quite a long time to compile depending on your computer - maybe minutes.

If it really goes on forever, you may need to uninstall what you have including deleting anything relating to ESP8266 in your %APPDATA% folder then follow the instructions after:
Installing with Boards Manager

All the best ...
Nigel.
By tytower
#19200 I notice you create the DHT object with "DHT dht(2, DHT22, 20);" Is there a reason for using 20 as a speed ? I used 15 as suggested in the ESP library read me and it is working well.

Does your sensor miss any readings at that speed setting?
By Carlcox89
LeXLuther422 wrote:So far it has been running over a day with out locking up sending a message every minute. Last night I did notice something peculiar the AI-THINKER AP is still running and I need to figure out how to disable it.

I'm using ESP-03 modules and have it wired very simply. The DHT has a 100k pullup between 3.3v and data. Data is also wired to GPIO2 on the ESP-03. 3.3v is wired to ESP VCC, CH_PD and DHT VCC . GND is wired to ESP GND, GPIO15 and DHT GND.

Here is am image from benlo.com

did you ever find how to disable the AP? I am having the same problem, created a sketch just with blink example and the esp AP still appears on my computer's wifi

EDIT: Found it... just have to set WiFi.mode(WIFI_STA); :)
By LeXLuther422
Carlcox89 wrote:
LeXLuther422 wrote:So far it has been running over a day with out locking up sending a message every minute. Last night I did notice something peculiar the AI-THINKER AP is still running and I need to figure out how to disable it.

I'm using ESP-03 modules and have it wired very simply. The DHT has a 100k pullup between 3.3v and data. Data is also wired to GPIO2 on the ESP-03. 3.3v is wired to ESP VCC, CH_PD and DHT VCC . GND is wired to ESP GND, GPIO15 and DHT GND.

Here is am image from benlo.com

did you ever find how to disable the AP? I am having the same problem, created a sketch just with blink example and the esp AP still appears on my computer's wifi

EDIT: Found it... just have to set WiFi.mode(WIFI_STA); :)

where in the code did you place that line?