Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By Felipe Avila
GregorPa wrote:
tblount70 wrote:I see others here are trying to get this example working. Here's where I am...

I loaded the basic SD card test. Works fine. Serial monitor indicates the file is writing to SD correctly.

Then I loaded the SDWebServer example. Changed CS (in the sketch) to pin 2 because that's how the SD card test was working. That is the only change I made. Upon reset, I get:

""
Connected! IP address: 192.168.0.122
MDNS responder started
You can now connect to http://esp8266sd.local
HTTP server started
SD Card initialized.
""

Then I try the browser. First of all if I browse to http://esp8266sd.local the browser (or proxy or whatever) bounces me to my default search engine. So I just browsed direct http://192.168.0.122

When I do that, I get the following at the browser:

""
SDCARD Not Detected

URI: /
Method: GET
Arguments: 0
""

Also I get "SDCARD Not Detected" in the serial monitor.

Soooooo.... Anyone got this working? Also, I'm not totally sure what I should be keying in to the browser to perform the various functions. I've done some other LED test sketches, so the argument concept is not foreign to me. But the GET, PUT, and such are things I haven't researched yet. Has anyone seen a tutorial on this example?

EDIT 8/4: Learned that the HTTP code I need comes from canned routines that need to be loaded onto the microsd. I forgot that bit, having never been much of a web programmer. For those who are interested, look in the github where SDWebserver is located. There is also a subdirectory something like "SD root". Grab those files and throw them on the SD. Start your sketch, and browse to the IP address. The browser will load the web page directly from what you just put on the SD. Browse to IP/edit and the browser will load a really nice web page (again from the SD) that allows file management utilities including upload.
<Note my MDNS still doesn't work. It's not a big deal to me at this point. I read somewhere that MDNS isn't really standard logic anyway. Still, it would be nice to know how to browse to *.local >

I have the same problem...
Any suggestion form this problem?

lp
Greg

Does any of you solved this issue??
I still have this :
"SDCARD Not Detected

URI: /
Method: GET
Arguments: 0"
By Elwood
#34832 SDWebSever working fine, SD card initialized

Short answer – connect GPIO15 on ESP8266 to GND through a 10k resistor. Then connect CS from SD card directly to GPIO15.

Long answer, GPIO15 needs to be “pulled low” during boot, not necessarily “shorted to GND”. In fact if you have GPIO15 direct to GND and try to run the SDWebServer example sketch by Hristo Gochkov you are shorting an output pin. Pin GPIO15 is designated as CS on SPI bus somewhere in a library or hardware. It does not appear to be easily changed by editing SDWebServer in ESP8266 examples. Forget about using another pin, unless you are up to a challenge. A 10k resistor permanently connected from GPIO15 to GND will sink enough current to get the proper mode during boot up. GPIO15 can then be used as an output pin. You can run the Blink basic example sketch. Change the pin number to 15 and run it. If you have been using an ESP8266 with GPIO15 shorted to GND for a period of time running Blink on GPIO15 with an LED is a good test if the pin is still working. I used 220 current limit resistor on the LED leaving the 10k permanently to GND.

If you get Blink working off pin GPIO15 , remove the led and connect an SD card as shown earlier in the thread, except CONNECT CS TO GPIO15. If you get the "properly wired" message using CS on GPIO15 you are 99% on the way to a working SDWebsever. Simply load the sketch from examples, no changes. At least get it working once then start "improving" it.

I use ESP-12 modules mounted on the white adapter plates sold on Ebay. Those have three SMD resistors. One is 10K GPIO15 to GND, another is 10k CH_PD to V+ . That adapter plate ESP-12 combination will run a sketch with just 3.3V between Vcc and GND., no other connections or components needed. You could make a close to five dollar WIFI server throwie!

I have a 4GB micro SD card ESP-12 successfully on my WIFI network using the SDWebSever example on the ESP-12. I have many pictures and some text files all in the main directory of the SD card along with index.htm copied from

https://github.com/sandeepmistry/esp826 ... dRoot/edit

One last hint: Sometimes when I load a Arduino sketch on the ESP8266 on top of another sketch the system does not work. In such a case, flash the firmware back to v0.9.5.2 AT Firmware.bin. Use a flasher program not Arduino IDE. Check the flash with AT+GMR then load away more Arduino IDE sketches.