Example sketches for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By fgomes
#29050 Hi redflag2k

The code I have corrected and seems to be working is just to receive the web stream, not yet to talk with the VS1053. I was trying to replicate your system here to test your code but I wasn't able to boot the code if I connect the VS1053 module to the ESP8266 board. I'm using an Olimex ESP board, it has some extra hardware like a push button and a relay that might have some impact. What ESP module are you using, an ESP-12? Do you have a description or schematic of your setup in order to try to replicate it to test the code? I have here some ESP modules from Olimex and ESP-12 modules and also VS1053 modules.

Best regards

Fernando
By redflag2k
fgomes wrote:Hi redflag2k

The code I have corrected and seems to be working is just to receive the web stream, not yet to talk with the VS1053. I was trying to replicate your system here to test your code but I wasn't able to boot the code if I connect the VS1053 module to the ESP8266 board. I'm using an Olimex ESP board, it has some extra hardware like a push button and a relay that might have some impact. What ESP module are you using, an ESP-12? Do you have a description or schematic of your setup in order to try to replicate it to test the code? I have here some ESP modules from Olimex and ESP-12 modules and also VS1053 modules.

Best regards

Fernando

Hi. There is nothing special module or parts.

I use ESP-12 module, and VS1053 module. Please visit my blog ( http://blog.naver.com/redflag2k/220482643225 ) and see picture and video (that post is written in Korean, So you may not read the letters, Just see the picture and video. Sorry :-)

and I just connect the pins directly ESP-12 and VS1053 (even there is no level shifter !!!)
* XDCS - 2 / * DREQ - 4 / * XRST - 5 / * XCS - 0
* SCLK - 14 / * MOSI - 13 / * MISO - 12 / * GND - GND
* 5V - 5V (from 5V power adapter)

Do you check your VS1053 whether it has really VS1053 chip?
In my case, I met Big happening... After wasting(debugging) about 1 month, I found that my sound board has VS1003 chip.
I changed the sound board, finally It works.

Best regards...
By Tolipwen
redflag2k wrote:
fgomes wrote:Hi redflag2k

Best regards

Fernando

Hi. There is nothing special module or parts.

I use ESP-12 module, and VS1053 module. Please visit my blog ( http://blog.naver.com/redflag2k/220482643225 ) and see picture and video (that post is written in Korean, So you may not read the letters, Just see the picture and video. Sorry :-)

and I just connect the pins directly ESP-12 and VS1053 (even there is no level shifter !!!)
* XDCS - 2 / * DREQ - 4 / * XRST - 5 / * XCS - 0
* SCLK - 14 / * MOSI - 13 / * MISO - 12 / * GND - GND
* 5V - 5V (from 5V power adapter)

Do you check your VS1053 whether it has really VS1053 chip?
In my case, I met Big happening... After wasting(debugging) about 1 month, I found that my sound board has VS1003 chip.
I changed the sound board, finally It works.

Best regards...

Do you mind sharing the sound board you are using for this project? I'm interested in using an ESP for a WebRadio myself.
By redflag2k
Tolipwen wrote:
Do you mind sharing the sound board you are using for this project? I'm interested in using an ESP for a WebRadio myself.

Hi. This is very simple question.

I use VS1053 module (see this link : http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1PCS-New ... 5,201409_2 )

and Please check this great job... http://www.serasidis.gr/circuits/Arduin ... player.htm