Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By gregware
#7142 I feel like really dumb, but how do I get the Frankenstein firmware on the chip?

I know how to flash (sort of), but what file do I need to flash for Frankenstein firmware?

Do I need to go through build the project from GitHub?
Only file that looks binary is the antares.rom, I tried flashing this but doesn't seem to do good to my ESP (I could flash back LUA on it afterwards)

Or is there a binary available somewhere (and if yes, at which address do I load it on the chip?)

Thanks in advance,
Greg
By ystrem
gregware wrote:I feel like really dumb, but how do I get the Frankenstein firmware on the chip?

I know how to flash (sort of), but what file do I need to flash for Frankenstein firmware?

Only file that looks binary is the antares.rom, I tried flashing this but doesn't seem to do good to my ESP (I could flash back LUA on it afterwards)

Or is there a binary available somewhere (and if yes, at which address do I load it on the chip?)

Thanks in advance,
Greg

Hi, flash it like other FW one file antares.rom to 0x00000 and that's it.
By Necromant
gregware wrote:I feel like really dumb, but how do I get the Frankenstein firmware on the chip?

Thanks in advance,
Greg

You can use precompiled version at binaries/antares.rom. Just flash it to 0x0000.
By gregware
#7228 [/quote]You can use precompiled version at binaries/antares.rom. Just flash it to 0x0000.[/quote]

Ah yes, right, that's what I did yesterday but I had kept my tty at 9600 bps.
With 115200 bps is works a charm!

Thanks (for this help and for the effort on FK!)

Greg