Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By gregware
#7311 So I have the FK f/w loaded and talking to me (TeraTerm on windows handles terminal control chars nicely).

I can connect to my AP (WPA2), good.

Now, the syntax of iwconnect does not allow blanks in AP names nor WPA key, right?
I tried double or single quotes, but the command still complains that there are too many args.

"SFR WiFi FON" is the SSID used by my ISP (SFR in France) for hotspot connections, and I had used a phrase with blanks (a quote from a book, easier to remember) for another of my APs' SSID...

The terminal command-line edit is quite cool, BTW, nice !
And telnet support is cool too, it allows to control the ESP from anywhere, this opens up quite some possibilities...

Could be interesting to use the telnet interface as a passthrough to the serial, so that it could be possible to talk to e.g. an arduino connected to serial...

Thanks,

Greg
By Necromant
gregware wrote:So I have the FK f/w loaded and talking to me (TeraTerm on windows handles terminal control chars nicely).

I can connect to my AP (WPA2), good.

Now, the syntax of iwconnect does not allow blanks in AP names nor WPA key, right?
I tried double or single quotes, but the command still complains that there are too many args.

"SFR WiFi FON" is the SSID used by my ISP (SFR in France) for hotspot connections, and I had used a phrase with blanks (a quote from a book, easier to remember) for another of my APs' SSID...

The terminal command-line edit is quite cool, BTW, nice !
And telnet support is cool too, it allows to control the ESP from anywhere, this opens up quite some possibilities...

Could be interesting to use the telnet interface as a passthrough to the serial, so that it could be possible to talk to e.g. an arduino connected to serial...

Thanks,

Greg

Yep, that's a known issue with microrl that doesn't allow escaping whitespace. It's somewhere on my TODO list along with other stuff.
By Adex
#7370 I've tried this wonderful firmware.
But there are some issues with GPIO control - only GPIO0 and GPIO2 are working (tried output mode).
Good idea would be to patch the GPIO function code, to set pin functions (as GPIO) when altering gpio commands - now GPIO functions is set in start procedure.

Also you can add note in README to turn off flow control in terminal application, because many of new users gets problematic with this.
By Necromant
Adex wrote:I've tried this wonderful firmware.
But there are some issues with GPIO control - only GPIO0 and GPIO2 are working (tried output mode).
Good idea would be to patch the GPIO function code, to set pin functions (as GPIO) when altering gpio commands - now GPIO functions is set in start procedure.

Yep. For only GPIO 0 and 1 are broken out on my module(s), so that I can test them.

Adex wrote:Also you can add note in README to turn off flow control in terminal application, because many of new users gets problematic with this. for

Okay, will add to the FAQ.