Chat freely about anything...

By Samighi11
#1114 Has anyone started to use the .922 firmware? I just upgraded a module and it echoed "System reset successful - code by ... ai-thinker" (I forget the language, but had a second to type this question).

the default now is 9600 baud, but none of the commands do anything. using picocom, I even changed CRLF to CR, LF, LF to CR LF, LF but all I get is echo of my commands back.

So when I type AT, Get an echo of AT and CR just pushes me to the start of line. No Enter and no response from the chip. (I should have checked to see if the blue light flashes).

i am excited to use the .922 firmware to have a more reliable softwareserial implementation and when necessary go to much higher baud rates to transmit more data (than just a few bytes per second).

Has anyone upgraded successfully to .922 and does it require some change to CR/LF?

thanks
By al1fch
#1124 No problem with .922 (patched .92 ?)
Terminal emulator used : TeratermPro with CR+LF

Found AT commands for echo (ATE0 and ATE1), AT Command for baudrate, AT commands for watchdog as said on Electrodragon site + undocumented command AT+CHELLO !!
Code: Select allAT+GMR

OK

AT+CHELLO
*** Modified by ***
HuangRui <vowstar@gmail.com>
JiYaping <jyp1817@gmail.com>

Same names as thoose seen on coming "Arduino IOT Shield" ;)

Last Flashing done with XTCOM_UTIL (use COM Port < 7)
By inagy
#1126 How can i upgrade my module to .992?
I have a USB-to-TTL adapter with a level shifter and I'm able to send commands to the module from terminal.
What do i need to do the upgrade? Also where can i get this firmware?

Thanks!

Mod: okay, I've found esptool here https://github.com/themadinventor/esptool
Seems like dumping working as it should (i had to put GPIO0 to GND and CH_PD to 3.3V and esptool started working).
But where can i found the ROM file?
Last edited by inagy on Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.