Chat freely about anything...

By TimJay
... when calling node.dsleep("1000") the unit hard resets immediately, it does not respect the time ( 1 second )

You might have found out already, but the time passed to dsleep is in micro seconds, not milli seconds. For one second you would have to use 1000000.
By esp03madness
#8147 Hi guys, quick question:

When resetting via GPIO16, is there supposed to be output on the TX pin, analogous to when the board is powered on?

When I power cycle, or disconnect/reconnect CH_PD - I get output. When I connect GPIO16 to GND, hold for a second and let go - I get nothing.
By hansaya
helix wrote:Helllo,

I have an ESP-03 module flashed with NodeMCU. I tried calling the node.dsleep("1000") function and the unit slept but would not reset, a manual reset of the module was required.

I have since soldered the pads close to VCC as suggested (with a solder bridge, no resistor) but now when calling node.dsleep("1000") the unit hard resets immediately, it does not respect the time ( 1 second )

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

You need to solder a resistor between gpio 16 and rst pin. Esp 03 has two solder pads by vcc, you could either bridge it or put a resistor. :idea: