Example sketches for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By krzychb
#41816 Hi gambituk,

If you see that module joined network then you are almost there :D

As you are using Arduino IDE 1.6.7 then follow procedure described under ArduinoOTA
* Once upload is compete check if module joined network - is the IP displayed?
* Does displayed IP belong to the same network your PC with Arduino IDE is connected to?
If this is the case, then network port should show up in Arduino IDE.
If not, then restart IDE (no need to load the module again) and check once more.

If after restart of IDE you still do not see the network port, then provide the following information:
1. Photo of your module
2. Name and version of your O/S
3. What is displayed on serial monitor after upload is complete
4. Detailed upload settings

Confirm remaining pieces of information (to double check):
1. Platform package version: 2.0.0 (higher is OK but specify what version you have)
2. Sketch name: BasicOTA.ino

Krzysztof
By gambituk
#41865 Hi Krzysztof, thanks for your response

My module is identical to this image, i checked the flash id, i got 1640EF which is apparently
Winbond W25Q32 1640ef 4 MByte

Code: Select allReady
IP address: 192.168.0.9

is what i see in the monitor

I'm using win7 enterprise esp board manager version 2.0.0 and sketch name BasicOTA.ino
Te ip address listed, is in the same subnet as the rest of my network..
Still nothing shows after restarting the ide other than the two active serial ports on my pc. :(
By krzychb
#41869 Hi gambituk,

I am wondering what is blocking your ESP from showing up in Arduino IDE. Please verify if you can see your ESP using a network sniffer like WhoIsConnectedSniffer - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/who_is_con ... iffer.html.

Run this program and wait couple of minutes. It should discover and show up one by one a list of all IPs connected to your network including ESP we are struggling with :D . If so, then click your ESP and check if you see mDNS among detected protocols that is responsible for advertising ESP to Arduino IDE.

mDNS.PNG

Krzysztof
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By gambituk
#41917 Hi, a little update, i have it mostly working... I didn't get to the stage of testing what you said in your post, but after i had written my last post i thought a little about my OS being windows 7 enterprise, i realised that my corporate it dept probably have locked down most ports outside of the programs they want me to run. so i switched to my home pc, and after a little upgrading and retesting i can see the post and i uploaded a blink program and it works.. (i guess i need to customise the sketch a little to be able to overwrite it after using ota.

My only issue is that i cannot flash the basicOTA with the correct settings. I've run the CheckFlashConfig.ino from the examples and confirmed that i have 4mb, but i cannot connect to wifi if i use the settings as 4M (3M spiffs) or 4M (3M spiffs) only if i use 2M (1M spiffs) it will work every time. ?!? so i am posting this incase it helps someone else.. (i'm using generic esp definition)

Is there a way to know how much of a sketch i can upload with the remaining space?

Thanks again for the help?