Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By Bananis
#6653 That's a pity. For me it works all the time now, but I've mainly used 0.9.3 and i have no heavy app yet.

There are some dodgy code in the SDK sources where memory allocations are done without checking if they succeeded so it seems that the premature reboots occurs as a result of this as the new code is being downloaded and the allocation fails. I managed to recreate the reboot to user1 situation using the 0.9.3 SDK upgrade.c/upgrade_lib.c sources with the 0.9.4 SDK, To cure the symptom I changed a dynamic structure into a static one in upgrade_lib.c, but that really just moves the problem around. Will need to do some more error tracing to find where it goes wrong exactly.

/Bananis
By chandan2002x
#11105 The instructions and local cloud update works for 0.9.5 also without any change. I have verified.
It may be needed to include "upgrade.h" in at_ipCmd.c.

Edit 1#
Just use 0.9.3 "at_ipCmd.c" with 0.9.5 SDK and it should work. The library for upgrade in 0.9.5 has been updated but it is backward compatible.
By chandan2002x
#14998 Hi Bananis,
The IIS setup creating some of my friends.
I have created an application which does not require the IIS setup. The application creates the server on port:80 and replies on required command.
Anybody needs to follow your make file and corresponding modification in at_ipcmd.c.

The setup can be found at
https://github.com/chandan2002x/ESP-LOCAL-SERVER-UPDATE