As the title says... Chat on...

By zioax
hwiguna wrote:
I presume you've already checked baud rate, parity etc. One thing I've ran into was that the firmware wants CR and LF for line ending. So make sure you choose that option in the arduino monitor window.

Yes I've setting 9600 as baudrate
Last edited by zioax on Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By hwiguna
zioax wrote:[quote="hwiguna"
I presume you've already checked baud rate, parity etc. One thing I've ran into was that the firmware wants CR and LF for line ending. So make sure you choose that option in the arduino monitor window.

Yes I've setting 9600 as baudrate[/quote]

Other thoughts:
- Signal level. Make sure you have some sort of level shifting so the ESP would get 3.3V signal instead of the Arduino 5V. Were you using a 3.3V FTDI?
- Use Arduino software serial for the ESP and the Arduino hardware tx/rx for the Arduino monitor window?
By hwiguna
zioax wrote:I'm taking 3.3v from Arduino.

Though that is not recommended (ESP needs a lot of current), that was not what I meant.
The ESP expects a 3.3V SIGNAL on its RX pin. The Arduino spit out 5V signal from its I/O pins. There needs to be a level shifting method so the ESP would see the proper signal level. In theory, the ESP could even be damaged by sending 5V through its input pin when the whole chip is running on 3.3V. However, I've connected mine to 5V FTDI and it survived just fine.