Chat freely about anything...

By Rob Hendriks
#25198 ###### SOLVED: ######
reinstalled the expressif tool :Espressif-ESP8266-DevKit-v2.0.7-x86

(step 1 in the next post):
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=820

###### /SOLVED #######

situation:
-I've started to program some examples using the experssif windows toolchain which worked.
-pinout connections:
Code: Select all0 – high – boot select
2 – high
15 – low
res – high
ch_pd – high

New, I'm still able to flash new code, but in normal operation (running from flash m) I get an error? all the time:
Code: Select allload 0x40100000, len 25332, room 16
tail 4
chksum 0x6f
csum 0x6f
▒-M▒▒f▒▒A▒▒o▒▒(▒▒▒▒▒q궦|tՃ▒▒Ŗ▒▒]r▒-▒ՕΌDfny▒▒~6XI▒▒LPU▒r▒:▒`▒▒A▒▒_       ▒b;_Z▒'bXI$▒3Pea▒Y▒1▒-M▒▒f▒▒A▒▒o▒▒(▒▒▒▒▒q궦|tՃ▒▒Ŗ▒▒]r▒-▒ՕΌDfny▒▒~6XI▒▒LPU▒r▒:▒`▒▒A▒▒_  ▒b;_Z▒'bXI$▒3Pea▒Y▒1▒-M▒▒f▒▒A▒▒o▒▒(▒▒▒▒▒q궦|tՃ▒▒Ŗ▒▒]r▒-▒ՕΌDfny▒▒~6XI▒▒LPU▒r▒:▒`▒▒A▒▒_    ▒b;_Z▒'bXI$▒3Pea▒Y▒1▒-M▒▒f▒▒A▒▒o▒▒(▒▒▒▒▒q궦|tՃ▒▒Ŗ▒▒]r▒-▒ՕΌDfny▒▒~6XI▒▒LPU▒r▒:▒`▒▒A▒▒_   ▒b;_Z▒'bXI$▒3Pea▒Y▒1▒-M▒▒f▒▒A▒▒o▒▒(▒▒▒▒▒q궦|tՃ▒▒Ŗ▒▒]r▒-▒ՕΌDfny▒▒~6XI▒▒LPU▒r▒:▒`▒▒A▒▒_   ▒b;_Z▒'bXI$▒3Pea▒Y▒1▒-M▒▒f▒▒A▒▒o▒▒(▒▒▒▒▒q궦|tՃ▒▒Ŗ▒▒]r▒-▒ՕΌDfny▒▒~6XI▒▒LPU▒r▒:▒`▒▒A▒▒_   ▒b;_Z▒'bXI$▒3Pea▒Y▒1
 ets Jan  8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,6)

About bootmodes: https://github.com/esp8266/esp8266-wiki/wiki/Boot-Process#esp-boot-modes
and
So boot mode (x, y)
x is 0-7 according to Strapping page/

And about reset cause:
reset cause 1: normally during a Power-On-Reset or by CHIP_PD transient
reset cause 2: normally during a reset caused by a nRESET transient
reset cause 4: normally during a reset by wdt reset

Source:http://bbs.espressif.com/viewtopic.php?t=563

but after a whole day of doing research i've got no clue what I'm doing wrong. I'd really like to hear your 2 cents.

Edit:
Another esp-12 module doesn't solve the problem.
Last edited by Rob Hendriks on Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
By tytower
#25236 Not into lua but
reset cause 2: normally during a reset caused by a nRESET transient(whatever that is)
the 3 means binary 011 which means it is now in a normal FLASH(running) mode.
I have not found what the 6 means yet or the other stuff underneath but you have cleared up the reset causes for me thanks.

However if you are trying to upload code to the chip you need to be in UART mode which is set by pulling GPIO0 low and repowering . the 3 if you can see it will become a 1 for binary 001.
By Rob Hendriks
tytower wrote:Not into lua but
reset cause 2: normally during a reset caused by a nRESET transient(whatever that is)
the 3 means binary 011 which means it is now in a normal FLASH(running) mode.
I have not found what the 6 means yet or the other stuff underneath but you have cleared up the reset causes for me thanks.

However if you are trying to upload code to the chip you need to be in UART mode which is set by pulling GPIO0 low and repowering . the 3 if you can see it will become a 1 for binary 001.

Thanks for your reply, but Ive programmed the ESP in C++, which shouldn't be the same as lua. Furthermore, I'm able to upload code to the chip ( BS = low). After making BS high and rebooting I get this error (normal flash running mode).