Downloading and installing the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By rudy
Emre k wrote: I am using ywrobot breadboard power supply so i dont think so my problem about power source. I have 3 of this module and all of them have this problem

That is a nice and convenient power supply. By itself it is not a very reliable solution. Are you using additional capacitors on the output of the power supply? You should. A larger value electrolytic like 100-470uF. Plus additional small capacitors like 0.1uF. And they need to be connected with as short a jumper wire as you can use.

I will show you what I have done when I had been using the adapter pcb for the ESP12.

I have 68uF and a 10uF capacitor soldered right onto the adapter board. Plus I have a 500mA continuous rated 3.3 v regulator on the board. I still use the boards that I have modified in this way but for any new modules I need I use a pcb that I designed.

After I had done this the instability issues went away. I had thought it was caused by flaky code.

I'm not saying that power is the cause of all your issues. Just that it is not as simple powering these devices as it is with an Arduino board.

Because you are having the problem with three different modules it is highly likely that what you are doing is the problem. And many people here do not have a good understanding of the possible implementation issues.

Take a look at this older thread. viewtopic.php?p=52170
By edwin
#58479 I think most issues regarding the pins already were mentioned and it is now down to the powersupply. In spite of you having what seems to be a decent powersupply, what you describe has all the hallmarks of a powerproblem.
Adding the capacitor may be a good start but also try to upload a program that doesnt use WiFi and see what that does.
Having said that... I have a Wemos a and an ESP-01 continuously accessing WiFi and I feed them with a small 53 ct breadboard powersupply that simply has a 100uF. I am quite sure yr PSU has at least that but it cant hurt to try adding a 470uF
By Emre k
edwin wrote:I think most issues regarding the pins already were mentioned and it is now down to the powersupply. In spite of you having what seems to be a decent powersupply, what you describe has all the hallmarks of a powerproblem.
Adding the capacitor may be a good start but also try to upload a program that doesnt use WiFi and see what that does.
Having said that... I have a Wemos a and an ESP-01 continuously accessing WiFi and I feed them with a small 53 ct breadboard powersupply that simply has a 100uF. I am quite sure yr PSU has at least that but it cant hurt to try adding a 470uF

I tried also blink example and didn't work. As you said i will try to add a 470uF.
By Emre k
rudy wrote:
Emre k wrote: I am using ywrobot breadboard power supply so i dont think so my problem about power source. I have 3 of this module and all of them have this problem

That is a nice and convenient power supply. By itself it is not a very reliable solution. Are you using additional capacitors on the output of the power supply? You should. A larger value electrolytic like 100-470uF. Plus additional small capacitors like 0.1uF. And they need to be connected with as short a jumper wire as you can use.

I will show you what I have done when I had been using the adapter pcb for the ESP12.

I have 68uF and a 10uF capacitor soldered right onto the adapter board. Plus I have a 500mA continuous rated 3.3 v regulator on the board. I still use the boards that I have modified in this way but for any new modules I need I use a pcb that I designed.

After I had done this the instability issues went away. I had thought it was caused by flaky code.

I'm not saying that power is the cause of all your issues. Just that it is not as simple powering these devices as it is with an Arduino board.

Because you are having the problem with three different modules it is highly likely that what you are doing is the problem. And many people here do not have a good understanding of the possible implementation issues.

Take a look at this older thread. viewtopic.php?p=52170

Thanks man. i research this problem too long time. Everyone says it could be a power issue but nobody gives recipe for solving it. Your post will help me really much. First i didn't use any capacitors and the second my cables are really long(at least 20cm). I will try your recommendations and inform you about results.
Thanks again.