The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By 8n1
#23728 Yes, the sensor works great using 3.3V.
I have one connected to a ESP right now and there are no problems at all. It's great fun to think about scenarios where it could be useful to get like a pushing notification, email or whatever whenever the sensor detects motion. :)

@roccomuso From what I see on your picture it looks the PIR's GND (pin) isn't connected to anything?
By tytower
roccomuso wrote:No, my sensor work at 3.3v cause i'm bypassing the tension regulator. And everything works fine with two separate 3.3v power line. But from the same power line it doesn't...

That would suggest some feedback interference of some sort or not enough amps . perhaps some capacitors might be tried across the voltage supply
By kissste
#23750 1/ The PIR works on 3.3V as long as you bypass the built in linear regulator.
I have tested it myself

2/ The 3.3V can be sourced from the same power supply as long as the power supply is strong enough or add a large capacitor (for me it works with 0.22F (super capacitor)). When Esp8266 broadcasts, it puts quite a load and PIR's chip is too sensitive to stability of input voltage causing an extra trigger everytime esp8266 broadcasts.