The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By tytower
#23774 You are gonna have to draw that I think . cant see where the earth from esp goes . Does the source voltage negative go to the breadboard ? powers all joined on breadboard try a 100uF across Pos and neg on Breadboard for a start and if that changes things try some more capacitors closer to wifi and PIR boards until you find the problem. On my projects I don't connect in the negative of the source voltage ie a 7V battery but it may help you if the interference is coming from the buck/boost supply .
By 8n1
#23779 Hi,

There is nothing special, just the essentials. (OT: Beside a simple transistor inverter I'm using to reset the ESP properbly using the PIR)

Yes, It's really hard to debug the circuit using this picture. Like tvtower said, it would really help if you could draw that or at least provide more/better pictures :)

How do you know it's not working?
Have you tested the PIR with 3.3V before connecting it to the ESP?
Try adding a LED so you can see when to output changes the state and/or use a multimeter.
What are the exact symptoms?

Slightly OT since your PIR seems not to do antyhing at all:
I've just read that once you got it running there really seems to be a issue with some kind of rf coupling causing false triggers.
http://www.avrfreaks.net/forum/esp8266- ... 501-sensor
I didn't noticed this because I'm using a long cable (about 50cm) to connect the PIR to the ESP. But it's really easy to reproduce, just put the PIR right next to the ESP and bam: Instantly random triggers (Actually it's not random but really one right after the other but it ultimatly depends on the distance between them ). With the right distance I was also able to intentionally false trigger the PIR by sending a HTTP Request. Good to know but one really has to think of a solution. Take out your tin foil hats and put them on the PIR. ...Or something like that :lol:
By roccomuso
#23818 This is my circuit:

The 3.3v power supply is a LM2596. (I wasn't able to find a PIR sensor image drawing my circuit, so i've used an infrared sensor.. anyway keep in mind that is a PIR sensor obviously). :D

PS. In the draw there is the FTDI chip. But i'm not using it, so don't consider it.

- How do you know it's not working?
Usually when motion is detected the blue led on the board blink. Apart from that, when motion is detected the board should send a http request to a server of mine.
- Have you tested the PIR with 3.3V before connecting it to the ESP?
Yes, it works at 3.3v. Tried powering it up with a different 3.3v power source, not the one powering the esp8266.
- What are the exact symptoms?
Simply it does nothing, like there isn't power. :(

Sorry for my english guys.