The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By tytower
#23902 Sorry mate .but which "it" does nothing the pir or the ESP?
The first post says the PIR isn't working if that's it , is there any sign of life in it at all?
Did you put an LED in there to confirm power up?

The LM2596 is supposed to be good for 3 amps however it needs 4.5V minimum input . Does it have that. I assume its the variable output type not a fixed output . I just happen to have received 10 of them today and am testing them . They don't like a lesser input voltage from what I have seen so far.

The post before gives a site on which the same problem is discussed and I saw two useful things to try
1/Ok I covered the back of the PIR circuit with aluminum foil and it works great! No more false triggers from ESP8266 noise.

2/Probably power supply - the esp8266 can draw large pulses of current when transmitting. This probably gets coupled into the pir circuitry. Use a diode and electro to decouple the power for the pir.
By roccomuso
#23968 The PIR does nothing. The ESP works fine.

I'm powering the LM2596 with a 5V-2A power supply.

1. I don't think mine is a problem of "false" triggers. Because there's no triggers at all.

2. With "large pulses" of current what do you mean?.. i think my circuit is well powered :/ what do you mean with use a diode and electro? (what is electro?) can you show me the connections?

Thanks
By tytower
#23991 See the site quoted above for the posts with that in them . How do you know the PIR is powered up then?

An elecro is an electrolytic capacitor which is connected across the pos and neg to smooth out ripples in the supply A diode allows flow in one direction only.
By roccomuso
tytower wrote:See the site quoted above for the posts with that in them . How do you know the PIR is powered up then?

An elecro is an electrolytic capacitor which is connected across the pos and neg to smooth out ripples in the supply A diode allows flow in one direction only.

How can i test if the PIR is powered up?

Nobody tried to use a PIR sensor with the ESP8266?