A Basic Interpreter written from scratch for the ESP8266

Moderator: Mmiscool

By dilettante
#59986 Thanks for the advice.

Yes, I have unplugged the board and plugged it back in as a hard reset. No go.

I did see the "Microsoft Ball Point" thingy after the first time I plugged the devkit in but I disabled that and since rebooting it never "came back."

The sad part of this is that I can flash the LUA firmware back and have it work every time.

Format in the Basic Flasher just crashes but I have used the NodeMCU Flasher to format. Then went back and tried to flash Basic but no go.
By forlotto
#59994 did you try to disable maleware virus scanners shouldn't be an issue but have seen them do odd things... Do you have a powered usb hub that you can try? I know it sounds crazy me telling you it will work keep going but honestly it will. Hrmmm what do you mean by disabled uninstalled it ? Disabling may cause it not to work potentially.Are you certain the flasher is detecting the correct com port if so have you tried setting a different com port and using that instead? Have you ran the flasher as administrator have you been using the 4mb flash if so have you tried a smaller flash in case your flash memory on your board is a bit smaller than it typically is? What OS are you using?

At this point I would suggest taking a video of your process so it can be analyzed you do not need to include your face in the video or anything of the sort just upload it to youtube or some website where it can be viewed.
By dilettante
#60025 I appreciate the suggestions, but as I said I can flash NodeMCU LUA onto the device and it works just fine. WiFi works in AP mode, I can run a small web server and hit the page from a browser, and of course the serial communication works as well. Printing node.flashsize() shows 4194304 so it shouldn't be flash size.

Device Manager says the USB 2 ports I am using can supply 500mA to each device, so I doubt power is the problem.

I have no idea what a video would do to make things any clearer. Seems like the long way around to describe a simple issue.
By forlotto
#60035 Yes you are right it is a very simple process trust me you are not the first to come to the forum with this trouble I recall thinking I was doing everything just so as well and being in your shoes oddly there are a number of things that can be at fault here. Did you do a wifi scan with a telephone maybe after power off and powering on could be the wireless having issues on your PC this will eliminate this.You will have to figure it out then for yourself you seem to believe everything is error free on your end so I cannot argue with that but I can almost assure you that it is something very minor you are having an issue with and when you do figure it out you'll be a happy camper if I was there I could get your device working this I would bet on however you must get the hang of it your right it is SIMPLE very simple this is why I am supprised with all the troubleshooting info I gave you it does not work all I can say is hang in there my friend you will get it and the voyage will be worth it in the end best of luck yo you. It is either user error or hardware / com error due to a number of things most mentioned. I hear you and your troubles. But I don't think you are not overlooking one of the things you are told to check out somewhere along the line one of these things is likely hanging you up. There is an order you must follow seems odd but you'll get it and get the hang of it just like I did or the last guy. Take care and enjoy I'll leave you to it!