Current Lua downloadable firmware will be posted here

By ZorgoZ
#80580 Hello,

Well, this will sound like a noobie question, because it is, although I've been through this before several years ago. But it looks that something changed I can't figure out.

So. I have created and downloaded a custom firmware build on the web page using the master branch. I can flash my module with NodeMCU-PyFlasher v3.0 and also ESPCut v0.78 but no communication can be established afterward, no matter what connection speed I choose (well I haven't tried all) even setting them in Windows Device Manager.
[img]flashed.JPG[/img]
In ESPCut, after sending restart command I get something like in the attachment.
[img]espcut.jpg[/img]
But I can't upload files, and nothing else works...

The only firmware that I could connect to is the esp8266-20161017-v1.8.5.python.bin shipped with ESPCut.

What am I doing wrong?
Attachments
espcut.JPG
flashed.JPG
By marcelstoer
ZorgoZ wrote:In ESPCut, after sending restart command I get something like in the attachment.

I'm not familiar with ESPCut but that prompt looks just fine. If you couldn't establish a connection to the device you wouldn't be able to send a restart command, no?
By ZorgoZ
#80599 That makes me wonder too. Interestingly, most problems disappeared with time. After quite a lot of restarts (with nothing else changed) the functions started to work. The firmware is still not recognized neither by ESPCut nor ESPlorer, but I managed to upload some files. And after even more restarts, the board started to respond to common commands as well...