Chat freely about anything...

By BillM
#81926 I would like to test your solutions for this problem but unfortunately this is an esp-14, not esp-12 so no reset lines, ch_PD, ...

Here, GPIO0 can be high = boot from flash or low = flash mode, then you can use it as a normal GPIO

I'm sure you are all right, the problem has something to do with rst.

Maybe some kind of system which charges a capacitor then as it's charging there is current going to a relay which opens circuit of vcc and when the capacitor is fully charged, no more current so relay closes the circuit and it powers on the esp
By btidey
#81981 OK. I wasn't familiar with ESP-14. I had assumed it was like other esp modules but it is a 8bit 16MHz micro with an AT based ESP8266 wifi back end.

Bit weird in my view but I guess if you have an 8 bit app and want the timer / adc stucture but with an added wifi module then it might make some sense. Can't say I'll be using it myself any time soon.

Back to PSU issue. Most of the outside pins are from the 8 bit STM micro but do include the NRST pin which is the reset pin of the 8 bit micro. SO one could try the delay technique I mentioned by putting a 10K pull up to 3.3V and a 25uF capacitor pull down attached to the NRST pin.
By BillM
#81982 Yes it's a bit tricky to work with the esp-14 because you have to make ics talk to each other using uart and it's really annoying. This is why I only use the esp8266 chip and not the stm8s at all.

So do you think that the nrst pin is connected to the rst pin of the esp8266 ?
By btidey
#81994 I think the nrst is connected to nrst of the stm micro.

It is not clear how the rst of the esp8266 is handled. It could be connected as well to nrst, it might be handled programatically by the stm or it may just rely on power up.

If its the last then there's not a lot you can do. Either of the other two may benefit from the slow down I suggested.