Report Bugs Here

Moderator: Mmiscool

By heckler
#46114 I am getting the error message...
"Could not look up value for variable!"
when I try and use this part of my code...
Code: Select all[Setone]
neo(pix,rd,gn,bu)
wait

Is it because I have not implemented correctly the listbox...
Code: Select alllistbox "0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7" pix

in looking at the listbox statement there is a height parameter. What does the height parameter actually do??
In the documentation example you have the height parameter set to 5. Is 5 correct for your example? or should it be 3?? Is height the number of items in the list?? or how high the listbox should be on the web page? or what??

The selected item will be placed into the variable.
listbox {Item list separated by commas} {var name} {Height in items}
example
listbox "One,Two,Three" bla 5

thanks
dwight
By Mmiscool
#46116 Did you put some thing in the variable first?

The listbox command has the height in number of items. This is for how tall it will be on the web page. I actually just tested it and there was a bug that prevented it from setting the height in the html. This has now been resolved. I am putting together a new build right now and it should be uploaded in a coupe of minuets.

I also updated the docs to give example pictures of each of the gui widgets.
By sebonew
#85845 Hi. As the case is related to this topic I write here. I went through the neopixel related topics but didn't track any comment about neopixel working with last version of ESP8266basic.
It seems that neopixel commands doesn't work. I hooked up a scope probe to predefined gpio (in my case gpio16 neo.setup(16) ) and observed that there is no action on port. The port stayed at low logic level during program execution. Then I tested the same gpio with simple instruction like io(pwo,16,temp6) with led hoked on it and it worked. So the gpio is fine. Here is the simple code I tested with neopixel modules:
Code: Select allmemclear
cls
neo.setup(16)
r1 = 0
g1 = 0
b1 = 0
tp1 = 0
selc = ""
timer 500 , [periode]
tp1 = flashfree()
wprint "Flash free space: " & tp1 & " byts"
wprint |<br><br><br>|
slider r1 , 0 , 255
textbox r1
wprint |RED<br>|
slider g1 , 0 , 255
textbox g1
wprint |GREEN<br>|
slider b1 , 0 , 255
textbox b1
wprint |BLUE<br>| & "Select pixel: "
dropdown selc , "0,1"
wprint |<br><br><br>|
button "STOP Program" , [terminate]
wait

[periode]
neo(val(selc) , r1 , g1 , b1)
wait

[terminate]
wprint |<br>| & "Program terminated"
end 

My setup: D1-mini clone flashed with 4M ESP Basic 3.0.Alpha 69. neopixel modules WS2812, logic level converter, 5V pawersupply, breadboard.
Regards.
By sebonew
#86078 Hi. Here we are again about neopixel things. After some investigations I come across with a solution to work the neopixel. As the default pin for neopixel in arduino-adafruit library is digital pin 6 (d6), the same I tested on mini D1 board (d6 is pin 12). First attempt with only neo.setup(12) didn't work. Then I thought, It is possible that the pin must be defined as output first. And yes, the port, as defined for neopixel, must be defined as output first simple with this command: io(po,12,1). And of course it works only with pin 12. Below is functional code for testing:

Code: Select allmemclear
cls
io(po,12,1)
neo.setup(12)
r1 = 0
g1 = 0
b1 = 0
tp1 = 0
selc = ""
timer 500 , [periode]
tp1 = flashfree()
wprint "Flash free space: " & tp1 & " byts"
wprint |<br><br><br>|
slider r1 , 0 , 255
textbox r1
wprint |RED<br>|
slider g1 , 0 , 255
textbox g1
wprint |GREEN<br>|
slider b1 , 0 , 255
textbox b1
wprint |BLUE<br>| & "Select pixel: "
dropdown selc , "0,1"
wprint |<br><br><br>|
button "STOP Program" , [terminate]
wait

[periode]
neo(val(selc) , r1 , g1 , b1)
wait

[terminate]
wprint |<br>| & "Program terminated"
end 

My setup: D1-mini clone flashed with 4M ESP Basic 3.0.Alpha 69. neopixel modules WS2812, 3.3V pawersupply, breadboard.
Regards.