So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By schufti
#86248 the problem with the boards not having seperate terminals for battery and load is that they do not disconnect the load when the battery is flat (as the TP4056 is only charge controller), so deep discharge is possible.
the better boards have an additional battery protection chip and mosfet to seperate load/voltage source to protect the battery.
I have better experience on solar recharging with boards based on the TP5100 sold as HW-370 modified to a moderate charging current according to the panel used.
By schufti
#86251 it is newer than the TP4056 I think but not really new as such.
It is better fit for solarchargers but lacks deep discharge protection too, so you have to take care about this seperately.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By sblantipodi
schufti wrote:the problem with the boards not having seperate terminals for battery and load is that they do not disconnect the load when the battery is flat (as the TP4056 is only charge controller), so deep discharge is possible.
the better boards have an additional battery protection chip and mosfet to seperate load/voltage source to protect the battery.
I have better experience on solar recharging with boards based on the TP5100 sold as HW-370 modified to a moderate charging current according to the panel used.

How can I know if my tp4056 board have battery discharge protection?
I have two terminals for load and battery
Is that board ok?