So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By CL4PTP
#86391 Hello Guys,

I am trying to connect my TM4C123GH6PM Microcontroller from Texas Instruments with my Smartphone and use it to control an alarm clock and LED Lights. (the LEDs are controlled over a Transistor, which is controlled over an GPIO Pin).
I have some experience with coding in C++ and the TM4C123GH6PM, but I am still learning a lot. So please excuse some foolish mistakes I might have made.

I want to connect the ESP8266 with the Microcontroller using UART and the TivaWare Framework.
I have written some code and my UART works correctly (I tested it by sending chars from UART 4 to 3).

According to the AT commands of ESP8266 It should respond to "AT" with "OK". But whenever I send something to the ESP it responds with exactly what I sent to it. I checked the wiring, and that's not The Issue. Or at least I think so. Please correct me, if the wiring is wrong.

ESP -> TM4C123GH6PM:
GND -> GND
VCC -> 3.3V
Tx -> Rx (UART3 / PC6)
Rx -> Tx (UART4 / PC5)
CH_PD -> 3.3V

I also checked for the power consumption of the ESP. Everything is powered by the USB-port of my laptop, since that helps keep the cable mess down. I monitor the power consumption with (https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07C8C ... UTF8&psc=1). The ESP is drawing about 150mA from the computer, but the port can provide a lot more. I checked with some LEDs and 400mA is not a problem.

Can anyone help me? I am working on this now for over two days and can't find a Solution. What is the Problem with the ESP not responding correctly to the AT command? The blue light is one, when the code is running.

PS: The attached code contains also code for the alarm clock control and LEDs. I attached it, since it could be part of the problem, but some of it is commented out and most of it is not used.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.