I found this to be the simplest fix for me.
1) Remove STC15F104W chip
2) Short pins 6 and 7 on pad where STC15F104W was removed
3) In Tasmota firmware, configure ESP-01 (ESP8266) RX=Relay1
Explore... Chat... Share...
I too was very disappointed when buying this module. When I connected it for the first time, it is flashing as shown on this link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Le9kNT_Bm4) and it was not responding at any of my orders.
After a rechere on the web, I found on the website of the manufacturer http://www.chinalctech.com/index.php?_m ... &p_id=1204
this note:For this wifi relay module, because there are some counterfeit on other sales platform. So if the LED on-board (D2) are blink constantly (I guess the reason is the STC15F104W have not been programmed), it means the module were not produced in our factory, maybe you need to contact the seller directly. Best regards!
And then I realized that I had to program the module to solve the problem (I not found the original firmware).
Here are the results of my work after several days of work.
ATTENTION, The programming and or the alteration is under your resposability because it is always possible to do an error or mishandling that may endanger the module.
1. An FTDI232 interface is required to connect the USB protector to the module's RX TX pins. Here we use an interface to 5V.
2. Software is required to program the module's STC15F104W. Here I used stc-isp.exe (v6.86E) found on the site http://www.stcmicro.com/rjxz.html (Hey yes, I work under windows).
3. Create a program and compile it in .HEX format. Here I create a .asm program that I compile thanks to the AS31.exe utility from Paul's 8051 Tools at https://www.pjrc.com/tech/8051/index.html.
4.The program must be transferred to the module. It is necessary to think to cross the cables TX RX and one does not branch 5V power supply.
With the programe STC-ISP.exe we load the proramme .hex, we set the clock at 11.0592 MHz, and press the button DOWNLOAD / PROGRAM, Connect the 5V power supply of the module and wait until the transfert is finished.
5. In the COM Helper tab, test the module with commands A0 01 01 A2 and A0 01 00 A1 in HEX-Mode.
6. If the led lights up but the relay does not work, it will alter the module by swapping the resistors R3 and R4. This is probably the most delicate operation you will have to do.
7. Afterwards, follow the setup for the ESP-01 module.
To speed up your work, I give you my version of the program in .HEX format Which will save you from making the item 3. This program is transmitted as-is and without guarantee. I have not done advanced testing and it is not optimized.
I added to the program relay status reading commands.
B0 01 01 B2 -> Reading relay in text format ("ON" and "OFF" ending with a linefeed).
B0 01 00 B1 -> Relay reading in binary format (00 = ON and 01 = OFF).
B0 00 01 B1 -> Reading the firmware version in text format ending with a linefeed.
You just have to copy and paste into a text file with the extension .hex.
Code: Select all
Now it's up to you to do the rest.
Thank you very much for contacting me. Regarding t[…]
I guess the main reason is that it's a well adopte[…]
I need some help. I have a sonos brand amp that […]
I have an API URL of a JSON response http://inn[…]
Theme Communication between Microsoft Azure and ES[…]
dGrJi-ebZgI What is the difference bewteen the […]
esp8266 Arduino uses esp8266 NonOS SDK functions u[…]
Is there an option to convert pdf or Word documen[…]
I forgot to mention, I'm building with Sloeber, us[…]
Hello! I am using ESP8266 like webserver. I would […]
Where did you get the information from how to use […]
Looks like it indeed.
Excellent, thanks so much for the help, I will che[…]
Hi, I don't remember if there were problems with t[…]
try to erase the flash to clear invalid RF calibra[…]
you can connect more I2C devices to I2C pins, more[…]
Okay so I think I've found a solution and I'll jus[…]
hi i am doing a project to read values from my php[…]
if you are using rc switch, have you tried increas[…]
Hi. I'm looking for easy to use and free iot softw[…]