- Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:58 am
Features of "ESP-Now_Rain_Gauge.zip"
New: Project has been split into two parts Sender and Receiver; which communicate using ESP-Now protocol. Each part utilizes one ESP32 with NTP Time server to sychronize both parts. Advantage is Sender can be Solar powered, outside and use Deep Sleep' while Receiver is on Mains power. Sender only sends sensor data to Receiver. RReceiver receives sensor data and runs the web server.
"ESP-NOW is yet another protocol developed by Espressif, which enables multiple devices to communicate with one another without using Wi-Fi. The protocol is similar to the low-power 2.4GHz wireless connectivity that is often deployed in wireless mouses. So, the pairing between devices is needed prior to their communication. After the pairing is done, the connection is safe and peer-to-peer, with no handshake being required."
1. NTP Time Server is used for 15 minute time interval and syncing Sender and Receiver, date-time stamping; Data log file gets created daily. File name is in the format "LOGxxyyzzzz" xx being the DATE and yy being the MONTH and zzzz being the YEAR.
2. Both (ESP32 Based and Domain, hosted) have dynamic web pages of current observations showing Last update time,date, humidity, temperature, barometric pressure, and rainfall by fifthteen minute, hour, and day.
3. Data log files on Receiver, are listed as web links and are displayed.
4. SERVER.TXT log each Server Start with date, time stamp.
5. WIFI.TXT logs WiFi Connects and WiFi Disconects with date, time stamp. If WiFi disconnects; WiFi will
reconnect after logging WiFi events.
6. LOGXXYYZZZZ file is appended every 15 minutes with the latest update; sending data to Dynamic web pages; this file is renamed at the end of each day.
7. Sketch features FTP file transfer easing requirement for server maintenance. Server can store a month of
data log files. .
8. Optional; two-line LCD Display of Barometric Pressure, in both inches of Mercury and millibars.
9. Temperature, Humidity, Barometric Pressure, and Dew Point have four embedded "ThinkSpeak.com" graphs on one web page. Graphs are created from Iframes provided by "ThingSpeak.com"
10. HTTPClient library is used to POST data to the Domain, hosted website. Function "webInterface" function sends data.
11. Free, "000webhost powered by HOSTINGER" may be used for Domain, hosted website. Every 15 minutes; a new "Observations-II" web page is created.
12 Over-the-Air firmware update is supported
13. Two web sites, one sketch: "Rain_Gauge.ino"
14. Must maintain data log files by removing old log files, keep latest, four log files; easily accomplished using FTP. Filezillia has been used successfully. ES32 Server
Dynamic, web page, file browser (selected file can be viewed), and graphs can be viewed.Domain based web page
Note this project is in development; maybe offline and/or log files may be affected. Server is online 24/7; except during periods of testing.
Server is a "HiLetGo,” Board type: Node32s. Two, ESP32 Development Boards, a GY-BME280 breakout board, purchased from "Ebay.com," a NEO m8n GPS Module and a "tipping bucket" rain gauge are required for project.
Development board is "Arduino" friendly; can be programed using the "Arduino IDE."
Sending of sensor data to Receiver is synchronized. Sender uses Deep Sleep.
(31.7 KiB) Downloaded 15 times