Advanced Users can post their questions and comments here for the not so Newbie crowd.

Moderator: eriksl

By eriksl
#91230 I will certainly do so. The last few days have been ehrm very educational and with those insights I probably can make more sense of your files.
By davydnorris
eriksl wrote:I will certainly do so. The last few days have been ehrm very educational and with those insights I probably can make more sense of your files.

Yes - I had the same journey!! As mentioned, my config is going to be out of date but it will give you an idea of what you'll need to do. I ended up copying in the overlays and samples, and then opening a cop of my config in an editor and then using the crosstool config application to actually change the settings, using my config as a guide. That seemed to be the easiest way to get a working config.

Remember to copy over the overlays and samples first or you won't be able to select the correct arch (which may be why you had problems earlier)
By eriksl
#91243 It's slightly different what I experienced though. The arch was present (from the patches in Max Philippov's repo), but it wasn't selected by default, which in the past always was the case.

And yes that is also the way I do changes to the config (which end up in a patch now). It helps to remove options that are no longer present.

I do realise now, though, that I rebased Max's repo to the current version of CT-ng, but I didn't apply the patches unique to your repo. So I will try that first and then see if there are any files supplied by you that need to be incorporated too.