Downloading and installing the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By arturo.olvrs
#91958 Hi everyone! I am connecting my ESP8266-01 to my computer using a USB to FTDI adaptor.
When I open the serial port in my computer to read it, I get the following error:
Code: Select allets Jan  8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,6)

load 0x40100000, len 23200, room 16
tail 0
chksum 0xef
load 0x00000000, len 0, room 8
tail 0
chksum 0xef
load 0x00000000, len 0, room 0
tail 0
chksum 0xef
csum 0xef
csum err
ets_main.c

I am using 74880 baud rate, as it is the only one that receives information.

I believe I should get a ready message instead of that error. What should I do?
By QuickFix
arturo.olvrs wrote:I believe I should get a ready message instead of that error. What should I do?

It depends on the installed firmware whether you'll get a ready message, but the log says there's a checksum error and wil therefore not boot.

The only solution is to reflash the ESP with the firmware you want/need. :idea:
By arturo.olvrs
QuickFix wrote:
arturo.olvrs wrote:I believe I should get a ready message instead of that error. What should I do?

It depends on the installed firmware whether you'll get a ready message, but the log says there's a checksum error and wil therefore not boot.

The only solution is to reflash the ESP with the firmware you want/need. :idea:

I have reflashed it several times, and any firmware works for me. What could I do?
By AcmeUK
using a USB to FTDI adaptor

It is possible that the FTDI adapter is not supplying adequate power. This is an issue seen before.
In this issue on Github a guy with the same issue overcame it by changing the power supply.
If that does not work there are other ideas in the post, especially about the flash mode.