Chat freely about anything...

By Duppie07
#92131 As I say my unit work very good with WPA2-PSK. But I am supporting schufti with the no WPA3 support.
So make sure you router is setup to use WPA2-PSK for the ESP8266.

WPA2-PSK (AES): This is the most secure option. It uses WPA2, the latest Wi-Fi encryption standard, and the latest AES encryption protocol. You should be using this option. On some devices, you’ll just see the option “WPA2” or “WPA2-PSK.” If you do, it will probably just use AES, as that’s a common-sense choice.
By eriksl
#92147 What is exactly not clear about "on your AP"?

TKIP encryption has been insecure for years and years (it's basically WEP but then with a dynamic key) and you should have disabled it on your AP's years ago. There is no really need to switch to WPA2 or WPA3 for that.

nlqt wrote:thank you. so please guide me how to do it.
I don't know the code that can solve this problem.

schufti wrote:AFAIK there is no WPA3 support on esp8266
for TKIP/AES: it uses the first common mode that is offered. If TKIP is offered it will be used, so disable TKIP on your AP. If you consider it unsafe this should be the first thing to do.
By nlqt
#92152 The problem is not my router.
Problem is my ESP8266, when in AP mode, the transceiver frequency is 802.11p and security mode is WPA2-PSK (TKIP).
So I want to switch the settings to 802.11n and WPA2-PSK (AES), but I don't know the code for it.
Please help me with the code to install it.
Thank you.

eriksl wrote:What is exactly not clear about "on your AP"?

TKIP encryption has been insecure for years and years (it's basically WEP but then with a dynamic key) and you should have disabled it on your AP's years ago. There is no really need to switch to WPA2 or WPA3 for that.

Duppie07 wrote:As I say my unit work very good with WPA2-PSK. But I am supporting schufti with the no WPA3 support.
So make sure you router is setup to use WPA2-PSK for the ESP8266.

WPA2-PSK (AES): This is the most secure option. It uses WPA2, the latest Wi-Fi encryption standard, and the latest AES encryption protocol. You should be using this option. On some devices, you’ll just see the option “WPA2” or “WPA2-PSK.” If you do, it will probably just use AES, as that’s a common-sense choice.